Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Farewell Facebook

I am signing out to facebook. I won't be joining the groups of Elijah Wood and Lady Gaga to raise a million dollar for HIV victims, no I'm not. Or maybe I can be a part of their campaign, but who would bother giving me a peso to raise for a fund. Jokingly aside, I am signing off for sentimental reasons.

I think it's about time for me to say goodbye to social networking sites and instead put on my efforts in establishing worthwhile blogs. Blogs would really encompass my thoughts. They allow me to critically think and express what I really desire to express. Not just merely sharing it out as a 'limited' status.. Sharing non-sense 'what's on my mind' and commenting on other's useless thoughts and simply putting themselves on limelight just to gain attention. Too late have I realized this.

Another thing is, I think I spend most of my time in facebook than spending time on reading books and writing blogs. Which hinders my thinking being to think. Instead of taking time in facebook, I should take time in more sensible things.

As to the issue of burning bridges... I should say that I needed to burn bridges and this is also a part of a step into renewal and concentration on what is really essential in human existence. For now, I burnt bridges behind me to let go of the things that I cannot change or attain move forward to attain my desires and aspirations.

Asked on when would I return to social networking..? hmmm... maybe by the time that I can get out from the compulsive need of attention from others and addiction to facebook itself. Then and maybe then would I be back you will see me again in fb.

As for now, I would give more attention to writing and reading sensible things. And at the same time spend most of my valued time in work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Dropping By!