Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lemonades Out of Lemons

At some point in our life we reach at a certain level of certainty, that indeed life gives limits. And these limitations comes in different forms and often in a very unpredictable manner. These differences and its unpredictability gives lemons in our sores.

Lemon is impossible to eat, so does an old song says. And so it is in my life. This time I had a lot of lemon that is giving me so much pain and sourness in this existence. I call this chapter of my life as existential catastrophe. I posted this two words as my facebook 'what's on your mind' and a 'previous' friend asked about the meaning of this. Lemons. It simply means lemons in my existence.

These days I feel so alone. So helpless. And in so dire need of a friend. I had a lot of acquaintances. They call me friend but I don't consider them to be one. Until I met this person who really showed me what friendship really is. We were open to each other. We know every single detail of our lives. We shared stories and we share a lot of things in common. It was great. The experience of friendship.

During those moments I was happy that finally I found a friend. The ideal friend that one can read on books, magazines. The friend described on songs. A friend you can see on movies. One who taps your shoulder and would say it's alright. One who would spend time when you're lonely and would simply want a company. And best of all, one who still believes in yo while every one else doesn't. That was our friendship. And we both invested on that relationship bank account.

We had a misunderstanding. We talked. We reconciled. But our friendship was tainted. It's becoming sour, sour as the lemons. A bunch of lemons squeezed on a sore. Giving so much pain and anguish. And yes I allowed it to happen. With the feeling of hope I made every effort I could to restore that friendship. Yet every part of that effort failed.

I realized that those efforts were just efforts of squeezing more lemons on a wounded heart. And yes I should stop. Indeed I stopped. I stopped everything. I stopped seeing him, I stopped communicating, he made efforts to keep in touch though but again it was squeezing more lemons. So I stopped. Everything. In an instant. It was hard. I cried. I cried so hard. I spent sleepless nights. I spent hours of loneliness. It was just different. Incomplete.

With those times of loneliness I had this realization. That I have this opportunity to make lemonades out of lemons. With it, I was able to focus on my job. Give the best out of me for a goal. Meet old acquaintances which was left behind for a time. Spend time with my family, home and office. It was hard. I still feel the pain of losing somebody close. But I can't do anything about it. I can't continue squeezing that lemon.

For days I was alone. We both reached this far and I was left alone. Sad though but I have to move. And at last the sourness of that lemon was sweetened by the people surrounding me and the events taking place around me. And what a great taste it was, to sip on a lemonade made out of one's lemons in life.

To that friend I thank you for being a part of my existence. It was a nice phenomenon of friendship, unfortunately not lasting but simply to be experienced.

Yes I still taste a little bit of sourness of that lemonade but as they say it's the essence of our existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Dropping By!