Sunday, December 30, 2007

Experience of the Holy?

I'm glad that my nephew is now part of the Christian family. We just went to the church to welcome him as he received the Sacrament of Baptism.

I know for myself that by the time I left the seminary, I also left behind its walls the values, teachings and virtues I learned. I am now in the process of unlearning. Forgetting everything -can I do it? I'll try.- And try to get lost in the wilderness I thought was not existing.

I am trying to unlearn them all, to empty myself and to start inserting some new unconventional thoughts and principles. But was my experience a religious experience? I was observing the rite on which the priests poured water on the head of my nephew. I was so distracted by my duty as the 'official photographer' that I was not able to focus so much on the essentials.

But when I saw that very important part everything around me paused. And everything I tried to unlearn was back. Some feelings or emotions or something I cannot explain happened to me. As if I had a religious experience, the experience of the Holy. Speaking to me in the events. Was there something in the event that I need to ponder upon, to reflect, or worse to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Dropping By!