Monday, July 20, 2009

Someone Sent Me a Blessing

My family and I went to the mall just for a little stroll this afternoon. I heard a very familiar voice while walking around the entertainment center. A modulated and a very kind voice. It was from a preacher. He seemed to be familiar to me. I thought of it as a "born again" charismatic group trying to conquer the mall audience. But it wasn't. It was from a Catholic charismatic group, I felt relieved... sigh. Finally a courageous man stepped in the middle of a noisy crowd walking and playing around the mall, and with quite a few audience talked about Mama Mary, the Saints, and Jesus Christ. Wow! Simply amazing.
I listened to his preaching and it was a sort of a recollection. He was a very good preacher. And still that familiar voice.
I wanted to listen to and to take a seat in the chairs provided but I did not and I cannot. My mom and my brother was with me. I just don't know why is it that when I am with them I could not stand on my faith. I cannot do what I love to do way back my years in the seminary. I pretended not to listen while leaning on the railings of the second floor area. I listened to him preach. And it was really timely for me to stand there and listen. It was a feeling of relief when I heard his preaching. He preached about the hands. The hands that is used in committing sin, the hands that received blessings from God, and the hands tat is an instrument by God to reach out his message. And the hands that will surrender unto Him all the troubles and struggles in life.
For a time I have been so proud as to think that I can do it on my own. It has been almost 3 months since I last attended the Mass. Simply because of my pride. I have my own set of problems and I believed I know how to solve them all. But what I do not know, or I pretended not to know, is the fact that I cannot solve them all, and I need a God who is waiting for my return to help me in resolving the struggles I have these days.
Then I felt healed. I was healed by my woundedness and anger. I felt a feeling of contentment and a feeling of being sent, sent for a mission. What is that mission? I still don't know. All i know is that what my mind is bothered about is, commission (sales incentives) and kunsimisyon (problems). he said to take them all away and focus on the mission given unto me. Again I looked back at my self, trying to reconfigure and to search for that mission within. Does it tell something to me? and if, what is it?
I went down and courageously asked the security guard, who is that man. He said he is a priest. I asked him who, he did not know. The other security personnel motioned, he is Fr. Orbos. And I was not surprised. He was indeed Fr. Jerry Orbos, SVD. The famous healing priest from Manila.
He was sent for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Dropping By!