Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bro. Richie and My Troubled Car: A Farewell Accident

Who could have ever thought, that my friend/ confidante left yesterday for Manila and next week for Thailand. I was just wondering why he text and text me longing to see me on that Monday afternoon. I was busy though but I managed to skip work, as usual, and went out.
Bro. Richie Cuaton, C.Ss.R.

We ate at a dough nut house and went to Robinson's Cybergate for a little sight seeing.
Then followed the joy ride. At a super slow speed trying to cross the hump, something terrible from my right front drive wheel squeaked and blog blog blog... I stopped by and checked... Seemed nothing was wrong, i drove again. Squeak blog blog... It was from the wheel for sure this
time. i pulled over and checked again. My right front wheel is not anymore balanced and intact. Helpless and ignorant, I could not know what to do next. Out of nowhere, from the corner of the street, a man cried out and called us. He was bringing something in his hand. it was a spare part. He told me that my rubber bushing fell off.

Fortunately he knew how to repair it. He helped me and so was Bro. Richie. I felt really helpless.. It was my first time, and hopefully, the last to experience trouble with my car. I am aware that my car is not that new and she needs maintenance but it was an unexpected event.
Going back to my helplessness, that guy helped me. He pulled of the tire and checked. And he was right, it was the rubber bushing. He went home and took a flashlight and a jack for extra strength. Fortunately he was able to repair it, but he said that I need to put a bushing pin, to further support the volt. And out of coincidence right after the repair, the rain poured hard. I took a hundred peso bill and handed it over to the guy who incidentally helped us

Realization.

Consider the internal not much on the external.
I was about to buy, tomorrow a new car stereo with mp3, usb, and cd player. But now, I will think it twice.

Constant check of what is happening within.

Sometimes, I overuse my car without even considering what is happening within its engine and parts. It goes the same with myself. For a long time, under formation, I constantly check in what is happening within my self. But now, I halted it. Simply for the fact that I wanted to live a life outside of that processing and self examination, just trying to let myself, be.

Look at the positive effect on the incident rather than complain and dwell with the cons.

I was about to shout for anger why i passed over that silly hump, and why of all the many roads, i passed by that road. Well, I realized, thought the help of bro. Richie that it happened for a purpose. Though I believe that he just said that out of a defense for himself because he was the one who insisted that we should go that way instead of the major highway. So much for the blaming, but i did not blame him. Instead, I take this opportunity to thank him for taking me back to the road I used to take into, the road less traveled.

Thanks for that joy ride Bro Richie. I hope to see you soon. maybe on my visit to Thailand, or in your return next year...


The Glory That Was, With My Kia Avella...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Dropping By!