Thursday, December 16, 2010

On Deleting Friendships

Too bad memories, stays in mind and not the heart where we want it to be.. So does a song goes. It's really hard to let go of memories that we don't want to remember. Most especially if the memories revolves around one person, one person whom you valued most and you really cared for. How I wish I can have a device which would allow me to delete a portion of my memory and go on as if nothing happens. That would be improbable, for now.

I've been deleting friendships recently. As of the moment, I learned my piece. And with that I stand on my principles. I now know how to choose friends, I mean real friends. People whom I can share my sorrows, my pains, my past, and would understand and not take advantage of what they know about me.

One thing is clear. It hurts me so much to experience harm from my so called friends. It's disappointing for me because I choose them because I trusted them, not because I know that they won't hurt me. They will, and they won't stop. But the hurt is different when it comes from a person who is least expected, at least on my part, to hurt me. That for me is very painful. I can delete you in my memory, though hard but I will, I should.

Well I just realized that I've been bringing this backpack from home to office, then field, office and home again. Only to find out that the back pack is just filled with non-sense craps. Now is the right time to unload. To let them go and allow new things to get inside my baggage. With that I won't be carrying much load and would be bringing the things that I need most.

On deleting friendships; It hurts deep but I won't hesitate. I won't.

2 comments:

Just Dropping By!