Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Convention Gate Crasher

I wanted to disappear like a bubble floating in the air. That was what I felt when a friend of mine invited me to a convention in luxurious hotel in the city. What a disgust! Daniel, joining a convention of National Ombudsman? Funny though, but it is really not my field. Well, it happened anyway. I attended the convention, a national convention specifically. The convention took place and I was invited for a lunch. Only for the lunch.
I arrived there, exhausted and hungry ready for the lunch... I joined there. A gate crasher. I felt embarrassed for I am not acquainted to such acts. I ate and enjoyed my lunch. While in the buffet line, I saw different people from different places. One person addressed me sir, thinking that I was part of the delegates. I just smiled and pretended to be like them.
Silly!
I searched for a table. I was sighting for a table with more vacant seats to avoid opportunities for a conversation with my "fellow" delegates. I found one and sat. Focusing on the food I was eating without even looking at the people around me. I don't care what they would think of me, a savage or a glutton. I don't care. What I had in my mind was eat and run. Nothing more nothing less.
Still my mind was boggled thinking of what reasons would I give if somebody would ask me from what region are you... I was wearing my pink barong, handsome and respectable-looking government official. What would I say to these guys. Will I tell them I am from the Davao or form Cebu or Dumaguete. Thank God nobody took the courage to ask me that question or else i would experience a heck in my life.
I have to go by now, I received a call. I still have an invitation from my "fellow" delegates for a swimming in a five star hotel after dinner.
ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Ah Daniel. when in Rome, do as the Romans do! LOL!!! Seriously though, I can totally relate with how you felt. This is absolutely one of those stories that you can tell your grandchildren about, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cristy: hahaha. your absolutely right.. What a feeling! I really had fun this lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that's funny and interesting. made me think you really have the guts. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petit: hahaha. hmmmm... ako pa..! kaya nko magpabaga noh. eat and run lng jd. So if you're thinking of an excort for a convention, think of me... I won't hesitate.

    ReplyDelete

Just Dropping By!