Monday, August 17, 2009

Philosophy and Blogging

I am new to this fad of blogging. But I guess that this would help me a lot in expressing my views and in fighting for what I believe in. In this world, this technology helps a lot in connecting people. 10 years ago, in the Philippines, blogging was not that popular. One needs to be a columnist, a student organ writer, which I belonged, or a an activist just to express what thoughts that lies within. It is different these days.

I am a thinker. And as a thinker, I love to share my thoughts and reflections. But it is not that easy to share my thoughts. I need an avenue to where I can publish my thoughts and allow people to read and comment on them. This one's the best place.

So how I can I co-relate my hobby and this new stuff, philosophy and blogging?

I believe that in blogging one needs to be consistent in what he writes. Consistency is a key element in making your own philosophy in life, other than confirming your rejection of your thought and adhering to the other thought you discovered recently. That goes the same in blogging. You will receive comments, may it be positive or negative. I would be glad to receive comments, questions or clarifications. During my college days, I could still remember my professor in Epistemology telling us after our class, "peace to whom i corrected this morning". The we would answer "your true friend is the one who corrects you..." Then we would silently chuckle laughing at this daily routine. later did we appreciate the value of correcting through giving comments. Most especially in philosophy where one is indulged into questioning and reasoning.

The second thing is, in philosophy or philosophers, they would love to share their ideas, their insights and reflections. During their days, it was through publishing a book, or writing an article in a philosophical journal. How I wished I could be a part of a philosophical journal, where I can share and express my views in relation to the contemporary phenomenon taking place around. I failed in that dream. But not anymore. Now I have an avenue for expressing my desires in writing and in sharing my thoughts. Blogging is my answer. But I distinguish. What I write here is not as credible as what is written n a published book or an article in a journal. The former is carefully scrutinized by a panel of professionals and authorities in their field. The latter, is not. But what I think is note taking for is the fact that blogging is open to all. What I mean is that this tool allows different form of knowledge to collaborate and criticize or comment on ones work.

The third thing is this. In blogging, bloggers are obliged to think. Then post. Then receive comments. Then answer. Then look back again, and write. Then publish. And the cycle won't. For the sleep of reason creates monsters in the mind.

I hope that this new avenue of writing I take part with be a fruitful experience as I share my philosophies as I pass along this crossroad.

Well, I guess I have to start adjusting as to how to maximize the use of this blogging site. I would be glad if somebody can assist me.
'Till then!

2 comments:

  1. go dan! excited na ako.... find your own tone, or what we called your blogging voice. is it friendly, fierce, diplomatic ? or whatever. once you have it, focus on that. anyway, do blog hopping and blog commenting to gain followers. but then you have to follow them first, at least the ones with good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. petit: thanks doc. i owe my blogging experience to you... you're my mentor! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

Just Dropping By!