Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Conversations With Ms. Daisy And My Rector

My friend from the seminary, Jo-I, who left also, text me and asked what is the name of our pet monkey in the seminary. While leisurely walking inside SM City, my mind boggled as to what the name of our monkey is... I thought of it that much till I succumbed and tempted to call for a help from the seminary. I phoned the seminary and I heard the familiar tone of voice: St. Alphonsus Seminary, good afternoon. I chuckled and said, Helloww Ate Daisy... Daniel, she interrupted... Then laughter followed.

Later we talked a lot about certain events that took place in the seminary. I heard that her office was repainted and she would have wanted to tell me the color but it's better left surprise. Then i asked the name of the monkey. Mucho and Yvonne. Finally I knew it..!

Then my rector arrived and she handed the phone to him. We talked a lot, and I felt very happy hearing his voice, the terrible voice before is now a voice of comfort and nostalgia. He asked me about my latest happenings, I told him everything that happened while I am outside. i was delighted when he said that he is happy hearing my voice and listening to my experiences. Wow. At this moment of my life, while I was feeling the loneliness within, someone is happy because of me. What a delight!

We shared a lot of insights and he told me that this world I am now, is a different world compared to what I had before. But what is important is to live within the values that I was taught inside, the way of life directed toward goodness. I expressed most of my sentiments, regarding my company, the people around me, and my family. His response was very timely. He said, "While I was talking to a friend, a rector also from another seminary, he told me that what he does is to pray for his former formands. To pray for their family, jobs, and life." A word of comfort for a lonely guy here in Davao. I felt at ease and comfortable, somebody is praying for me, and that's a relief.

We talked for almost an hour. Relieved.

Jo-I, ang name sa atong monkey kay si Mucho and iyang wife kay si Yvonne...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Dropping By!